Facts about Jesus
|Welcome to the facts about Jesus page. Here you can read some amazing truths in condensed and organised fashion, under different categories and subjects. When I say condensed, I mean very well systematized, otherwise the information you will find below is so extensive and You can use it as a quick reference in your Bible study or when you want to share the word about Jesus with other people. |
A great help in classifying all these has been the Dake's Annotated Reference Bible, which I have studied for many years and which I recommend with both hands to all diligent studiers of the Word of God.
But before reading all these general facts about Jesus, you can also follow the links below, which will reveal to you some specific life facts about Jesus, in a very short, article/seed format. You can use these as revelation ideas in your meditation about the life of our Lord, e.g. as starters for something you can explore further and in depth.
Also, please visit the Jesus Pictures Section, where you will find comprehensive study on Jesus titles, analogies, types and symbols.
Finally, please get yourselves acquainted with the state of the art THE FOUR IN ONE GOSPEL OF JESUS project, which reveals in detail the facts about the life of our Lord Jesus Christ (please visit Why buy it, to see 7 very good reasons and benefits for having the book).
Well, with all this said, you can now enjoy the rest of this Section on the Facts about Jesus, to the fullest:
|And if this section of the web site has blessed You, please consider donating a love offering to help keep ut this wonderful work. Thanks.|
Jesus Birth - What a day was the day Jesus was born! The Lord reveiled it to the ones that were hungry to see it.
Jesus Life - Why did Jesus, being 100% God, call Himself The Son of Man? Please also read Jesus and Nazareth article.
Jesus Crucifixion - Read why the crucifixion of Jesus is the ultimate suffering experience this Earth has ever seen.
Jesus Death - Why the death of Jesus was so important and why was it the only solution to the curse of sin for the whole humanity?
Jesus Tomb - See why the empty tomb of Jesus is one of the greatest natural historic proof of the Resurrection of Jesus.
Jesus in Hell - Did Jesus really descend into Hell? For what purpose? What did He do there? How did He rose from the dead after that?
Jesus Resurrection - How can we live in the resurrection power of the Lord every day! And in this connection, why some people celebrate the resurrection of Jesus only at Easter.
Jesus Ascension - The thing that gave the discipes such a super spiritual charge, that they wentt away and gave birth to Pentecost.
Jesus in Heaven - What is Jesus doing in Heaven? What is His Present Day Ministry?
Raptor Jesus - Is there a Rapture or not, and what is the real important question actually?
Now Enjoy these cool general facts about Jesus!
THE NAME JESUS
Facts about Jesus. Jesus is the Greek form of the English name Joshua and the Hebrew name Yeshuah, which literarily means: Jehovah is salvation. So, the name Jesus refers to the chief mission the Lord was to accomplish according to God's will - bring salvation, healing, deliverance, prosperity, protection, wholeness and victory for God's creation. For a complete understanding of the meaning of the Hebrew word SALVATION, please read the Jesus Healing Article.
THE TITLE CHRIST
Facts about Jesus. Christ, or Messiah in Hebrew, means Anointed One. This term is not the last name of Jesus, but it is rather a title, refering to the enabling grace and supernatural ability that was operating in Jesus life, because of His connection with the father and through the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:38).
DIVINE TITLES OF CHRIST
There are many Divine names and titles ascribed to our Lord, which prove His Divinity, and give us some additional great facts about Jesus. He was called:
- God and Immanuel (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1; 20:28; Acts 20:28)
- Lord and Savior (Luke 19:34; Acts 2:36; 2 Peter 3:2)
- Wonderful, counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6-7)
- Christ the Lord (Luke 2:26)
- The Son of God (Matthew 4:3; 14:33; Luke 22:70; John 1:34; Romans 1:4)
- The First and the Last, Alpha and Omega, The Beginning and the Ending (Revelation 22:12, 13, 16)
- The Bread of God (John 6:33)
- King of kings and Lord of lords (Revelation 19:16)
- The Word of God (Revelation 19:13)
For more revelatory explanation on this matter, please read the Is Jesus God Article.
WAYS JESUS CALLED HIMSELF
Jesus called Himself with different names, titles and symbolic types, which also reveal some revelatory facts about Jesus. Here are some of them:
- I am the bread of life / living bread (John 6:35, 48, 51)
- I am the light of the world (John 8:12)
- I am (John 8:58)
- I am the door of the sheep (John 10:7, 9)
- I am the good shepherd (John 10:11, 14)
- I am the Son of God (John 10:36)
- I am the Resurrection and the Life (John 1:25)
- I am the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6)
- I am the true vine (John 15:1)
- I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending (Revelation 1:8; 21:6)
- I am the first and the last (Revelation 22:13)
- I am the root and offspring of David (Revelation 22:16)
- I am the bright and morning star (Revelation 22:16)
THINGS JESUS CAME TO DO
These are good facts about Jesus to know. Jesus came to:
- Save us from our sins by His death on the Cross (Matthew 1:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3; Galatians 1:4)
- Baptise us in the Holy Spirit and fire (Matthew 3:11)
- Fulfill the Law, not annule it (Matthew 5:17)
- Bear our sicknesses in His body (Matthew 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24, Isaiah 53)
- Call sinners everywhere, to repentance (Matthew 9:13; Luke 5:32; 13:1-5)
- Give rest to all of us, who are weary and heavy burdened (Matthew 11:28-30)
- Make a new covenant with us (Matthew 26:28)
- Preach the Good news and heal the sick (Luke 4:18; Acts 10:38)
- Bring an abundance of grace and truth (John 1:17)
- Do God's Will to the fullest (John 6:38)
- Bring Judgment to the world systems (John 9:39)
- Give us abundant life (John 10:10)
- Be a light to the world (John 12:46)
- Give eternal life to all that believe and receive Him (John 17:3)
- Become the King of the Jews (John 18:37)
- Give life to His Body - The Church (Ephesians 5:26)
- Be an example for all of us (1 Peter 1:21)
- Destroy satan's works (1 John 3:8)
CONTRASTS BETWEEN ADAM AND JESUS
- Adam was called The first Adam, while Jesus was called The second, or last Adam (1 Corinthians 15:45)
- Adam was a Living soul, while Jesus was a quickening spirit (1 Corinthians 15:45)
- Adam was natural, whiel Jesus was spiritual (1 Corinthians 15:46)
- Adam was earthly, while Jesus was Heavenly (1 Corinthians 15:47)
- Adam was only a man, while Jesus was both God and man (1 Corinthians 15:47)
- Adam sinned, and thus brought death into the world, while Jesus redeemed us from sin, thus bringing life (Genesis 2:17 and 1 Peter 2:22)
STEPS OF JESUS HUMILIATION AND EXALTATION
Interesting facts about Jesus would be the steps He took in humbling Himself to come and do God's will and the way God exalted Him because of that. Let's see:
- Jesus committed Himself in His mind, resolving to humble Himself, so much so, that the Bible encourages us to pursue to have the same mind as Christ (Philippians 2:5)
- Jesus laid aside and dismantled Himself from His Divine form, even though He was 100% God (Philippians 2:6)
- Jesus made Himself of no reputation, which is an incredible form of humbling one self (Philippians 2:7)
- Jesus clothed Himself with a form of a servant (Philippians 2:7)
- Jesus was made in the likeness of men (Philippians 2:7)
- Jesus humbled Himself - fully and completely (Philippians 2:8)
- Jesus became obedient even unto death - the ultimate form of obedience (Philippians 2:8)
Because of all this, God the Father exalted Jesus beyond measure:
- The Bible says God HIGHLY exalted Jesus (Philippians 2:9)
- God gave Jesus a name which is above every other name. Everything in Heaven, on the Earth and under the Earth will bow its knee before Jesus. (Philippians 2:9, 10)
- The exaltation of Jesus also includes every tongue confessing that Jesus is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:11)
SUFFERINGS OF JESUS
Facts about Jesus. Jesus suffered more than any of us can imagine. Look at what the Bible says about His suffering in :Isaiah 52 and 53:
- His visage and form were marred more than that of any other man
- He suffered unbelief of men
- He had no form or comeliness
- Men had no desire of Him and He was actually despised and rejected by them. The Bible even says men hid their faces from Him
- He suffered many sorrows and grief
- He had to even endure the thinkng of men that He was smitten and afflicted by God Himself
- He was wounded for our sins, bruised for our iniquities, and chastised for our peace
- He suffered over the going astray of His own creation, as His own were walking in their own ways in selfishness and pride
- He suffered oppression of men and Justice was taken from Him
- He had to live among wicked men, and He was even classed together with criminals
- His suffering involved also travailing in His soul
REWARDS OF JESUS SUFFERINGS
Facts about Jesus. Jesus not only suffered, but He also had many rewards of His sufferings, again taken from Isaiah 52 and 53. Here are some of them:
- He was exalted above all (Isaiah 53:13; Ephesians 1:20-23)
- He became the Savior of many nations (Isaiah 52:15)
- He became the wonder of kings
- He became the Healer of all (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; 1 Peter 2:24)
- He became our example (Isaiah 52:9)
- He produced an eternal spiritual victorious seed (Isaiah 53:10)
- He saw all creation redeemed in His blood, as well as the restoration of all things to God (Isaiah 53:11)
- He received eternal Lordship, Headship and Greatness above ALL (Isaiah 53:12)
BLESSINGS IN CHRIST JESUS
Well, Facts about Jesus can not go without mentioning the spiritual blessings we have in Christ Jesus:
- There is now no condemnation for us (Romans 8:1)
- We are free from the law of sin and death, because of the law of the Spirit of Life operating through Christ Jesus (Romans 8:2)
- We have received the fulness of the Love of God (Romans 8:39)
- We have received truth in its most authentic form (Romans (9:1)
- Jesus purchased for us Union, making us One Body (Romans 12:5)
- We received wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption through Jesus (Romans 3:24; 1 Corinthians 1:30)
- Jesus provided for us a resurrection of our bodies (1 Corinthians 15:22)
- Because of Jesus, we can be triumphant now (2 Corinthians 2:14)
- Jesus made us new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17-18)
- Jesus gave us a very simple yet profound faith (2 Corinthians 11:3)
- We are free and liberated because of what Jesus did for us (Galatians 2:4)
- Jesus provided us Sonship (Galatians 3:26)
- Jesus gave us a high callng to pursue (Philippians 3:14)
- Jesus gave us eternal life through faith, love and grace in the Salvation He provided for us (1 John 5:11; 2 Timothy 1:1)
WAYS TO BE LIKE JESUS
I would like to finish this specific Facts about Jesus section with several ways we can be like Jesus:
- In righteousness
- In being free from the world and its grip
- In self crucifiction
- In walking in the new of life He provided for us
- In enduring persecutions
- In doing works like Him
- In expressing the Fruit of the Spirit
- In our total commitment and consecration to God's work
- In walking in the light
- In walking and being in unity with the Lord
- In suffering for others, bearing one another's burdens
- In word and deed
- In fighting, enduring and overcoming temptations
- In manifesting the fulness of God
GENERAL FACTS ABOUT JESUS
Here I have added some interesting and broadly discussed general facts about Jesus:
- The name Jesus is mentioned 849 times in the Bible, and the title Christ - 558 times.
- Jesus accepted worship many times, which proves His Deity (Matthew 2:2, 11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Mark 5:6; Luke 24:52; John 9:38)
- Jesus had several half-brothers and half-sisters (Matthew 12:46-47; 13:55-56)
- Jesus was from the Tribe of Judah (Revelation 5:5)
- Jesus was not a baby, when the Magi came to visit Him. When the shepherds came to worship Jesus IN THE MANGER, they came to see the baby (brephos - a newly born baby), while when the Magi came to worship Him, they came TO THE HOUSE to worship the pais - an older child. So, Jesus was most probably between 1 and 2 years of age at that time (Matthew 2:11, 16 & Luke 2:16)
- Jesus was not born in December (Christmas time), as the Bible says at that time, shepherds were feeding their flocks in the open, which would not be possible, as shepherds in Israel kept their flocks outside only from Spring time to October or November at the most, and especially AT NIGHT (Luke 2:8)
- Jesus was born in a poor family, which speaks even more about His humility to the fullest. The Bible says in Luke 2:22-24 that when Jesus was born, Joseph and Mary had to sacrifice, according to the Law, a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons, which was the poor people's sacrifice, the Lamb being the regular one (Leviticus 12:8)
- Jesus was crucified on Wednesday, and not on Friday (Good Friday), as may claim, because Jesus said several times (one being in Matthew 12:40), that He will spend three days and three nights in the heart of the Earth, which would make it impossible for Him to go to the Cross on Friday afternoon and rise up again on Sunday morning. And being certain that He got resurrected exactly on Sunday (The first day of the week), tracing back three days and three nights, we get to His crucifiction somewhere on Wednesday and His placing in the grave on Wednesady just before sunset, and His resurrection at the end of Saturday at sunset. There are many other proofs to this, but I plan to write a separate article on this one, and not take so much space here.
END OF FACTS ABOUT JESUS
Go from Facts about Jesus to Jesus pictures
Return from Facts about Jesus to Home Page